This morning I ran to the store to pick up a few things. On my way out, I noticed a woman standing at the back of our car, with her hand over her mouth in a concerned way, reading the sticker we have about Samuel.
As I approached, she said, "Is this your car? Samuel Evan?"
"Yes", I replied, "He's our son. He died just after he was born last year. Those are his little feet prints".
"Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry. What a beautiful tribute...and a beautiful name". She touched my arm.
"Thank you", I said as she walked away.
That was exactly right. That's exactly how people should respond. Good job, lady in the Herberger's parking lot! You've made my day better than is was. Thank you for taking the time to stop and care.
I got in the car feeling validated. My little guy was special to her and that makes all the difference in the world.

It's instances like this that I think our kids have channeled into living people, just to let us know how much they love us.
ReplyDeleteThat really is a beautiful tribute <3
ReplyDelete